Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Feet.

I think it's official, I hate drawing feet.  Like really, really hate them.  Like rip-my-hair-out-and-scream hate them.

I'm continuing on in my Superhero series and started working on drawing #3.  Yesterday I started a rough sketch of Batman and today I began working on firming things out a bit.   I spent most of my time working on his lower half, adjusting the angles and proportions of his legs and feet.  As I hashed things out for the last hour I learned something about my drawing skills......I cannot draw feet.  They look too long or too short, or just plain wonky.  And they make me want to rip my hair out. 

I know that I just need to re-train the way I see feet.  But that little stick figure we all grew up drawing, with the feet pointed straight out to the sides is stuck in my head......and I can't get him out!!



Up until now I have not had to draw many feet, or perhaps I should say none at all.  So I haven't had to worry about my lack of feet-drawing skill.  For my last two superhero drawings, their feet were either in the shadows (as with Hellboy) or not in the picture at all.  With Batman, I am not so lucky.  I guess I should be thankful that I'm forced to learn something new.  *sigh*  I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment