Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Art of Darksiders

I was never a gamer until I met my husband.....who is an avid gamer.  And I'm still not really considered a gamer, since I only play a few games now and then.  But I've developed a love and appreciation for video game Art. 

There was a game that came out in January of 2010 by Vigil Games called Darksiders, where you get to play as War - one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse.  Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, WAR - the first Horseman of the Apocalypse - battles both Heaven and Hell across the ravaged remains of Earth, searching for vengeance and vindication.  Sounds awesome, right?  I love anything that has to do with the end of the world, the apocolypse, post-apocolypse, zombies, etc.  So, needless to say, I was pretty excited about it.  The game had great potential, but sadly it was completely boring and yawn-tacular....to say the least.  While I was completely unimpressed by the game play, I have to say that the Artwork for this game was AMAZING.  And I'm so excited because Vigil is putting out a 288 page book of the concept Art from Darksiders.  This beafy book features hundreds of full-color illustrations, character and environment designs, development sketches, early concepts, promotional artwork, and more...ahhh!  So Excited!  Here's just a sampling of some of the awesomeness.










The book, called The Art of Darksiders, is now available on Amazon for pre-order if you want to buy it.  I know I'll be saving for my own copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment